____________________________ Travel Support


Whilst we aim for our pupils to travel independently eventually, the majority of our pupils need travel assistance.
Eligibility for travel assistance depends on each child’s individual needs, age and ability.


 If pupils need support with travel to and from school, parents need to fill out an on-line application.
There is not a manual form. Parents can go to Children’s centres or a library for support, but all applications must be done on-line.


All applications for travel support must include at least one piece of documentary evidence from the list below:
  • Statement of Special Educational Needs
  • Education, Health and Care Plan
  • S139 of Further Education students
  • Proof of child’s disability
  • Medical evidence.


These can be uploaded at the end of the application. If you do not have copies of these documents please ensure you provide contact details of the professionals who may be able to assist in providing these documents.
It can take up to 4 weeks for an application to be processed so please do this as soon as possible.


Please go to Special educational needs travel support – London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council and follow these steps:
1. Click on the red button on Special educational needs travel assistance page.



2. Fill out the 3 pages of questions with the information required.
3. Upload the required documents.
4. Click Submit.


If you require assistance completing the form contact, please contact the Heathway Children’s centre on 02082275500 or email theheathwaycentre@lbbd.gov.uk.
Parents/Carers need to apply for transport every academic year.