Constitution and Membership of Local Governing Board
Name of Board: Riverside Campus Joint Local Governing Board
School/Schools for which the Board has delegated responsibilities:
Riverside Primary School
Riverside Bridge School
The governing body is responsible for the conduct of its school, and must promote high standards of educational achievement at the school. it is the school’s accountable body and as such:
- provides a strategic view of the school by establishing a vision and setting the purpose and aims of the school within an agreed policy framework. It appoints and performance manages the headteacher, agreeing the school improvement strategy which includes setting statutory targets with supporting budgets and staffing structures.
- monitors and evaluates the work of the school by reviewing the performance of the headteacher, the effectiveness of the policy framework, progress towards targets, and the effectiveness of the school improvement strategy.
- signs off the self evaluation process and responds to school improvement service and Ofsted reports as necessary. In addition it holds the headteacher to account for the performance of the school and ensures that parents are involved, consulted and informed as appropriate, with information to the community being made available as required.
Riverside Campus Governance Structure
Constitution as at 1st September 2017:
1 x Elected Staff Governor
2 x Elected Parent Governors
1 x Local Authority Representative
Up to 5 x Trust Appointed Governors
|Category of Governor||Name||Start Date||End Date|
|Staff Governor||Niriksha Popat||08/12/2017||08/12/2021|
|Co-opted Rep||Dean Jones||19/06/2018||19/06/2022|
|Co-opted Rep||Gail May||01/09/2017||01/09/2021|
|Co-opted Rep||Peter McPartland||01/09/2016||01/09/2020|
|Co-opted Rep||Nikhil Sangani||01/01/2017||01/01/2021|
The links in this section provide details of the governors duties at Riverside School. Please click on the relevant links below to view and download the documents.
For further information about governance, including the items listed below, please visit the Partnership Learning website by clicking on the link in the top right hand corner of this page
- annual report
- annual audited accounts
- memorandum of association
- articles of association
- names of charity trustees and members
- funding agreement