Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural at Riverside School
- Riverside School is a diverse community which celebrates and respects students from all faiths and background.
- We are friendly and caring, and welcome everyone into our community regardless of their background.
- Students at Riverside learn about all major world religions in order to gain a deeper understanding and respect for them.
- We invite in professionals at the top of their professions on a regular basis to speak to our students in order to inspire them and to raise their aspirations.
- The school has links wit, and arranges trips to, top universities so that students can think about their future and be inspired to go on to higher education.
- There is a strong pastoral ethos at Riverside, and students’ safety and wellbeing are at the centre of everything that we do.
- Modern British values permeate our curriculum ensuring that students are fully aware of Britain’s culture, history and values.
- Students develop key skills in all their lessons such as resilience, collaboration and taking on challenges.
- Students are taught to take responsibility for their learning and behaviour both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Students celebrate each other’s achievements on a weekly basis in assemblies.
- Riverside offer a wide range of cultural, educational and sporting trips for all students in order to give them access to experiences and places outside of their day to day lives.
- Sport plays an important part of life at Riverside with students representing the school at borough, regional and national level
- A wide range of extra curricula clubs are available for students in order to broaden their interests and horizons.
- There a number of opportunities for students to take on leadership roles at Riverside through the Student Council, as Student Learning Consultants, peer mentors and House Captains.
Click here to read the Riverside School SMSC Statement