The Riverside School Curriculum
If you would like to find out more about the curriculum please submit a query using our contact page here
5-Year Curriculum Pathway
- Students are placed into 1 of 5 form brackets based on Key Stage 2 performance (R, I, V, E & S)
- Riverside has a 1 week timetable, featuring 25 x 1 hour taught lessons, plus a 30 minute tutorial period/assembly each day.
- Students selected for the Mandarin Excellence Programme (MEP) will study 1 hour less per week of maths and Spanish, and will study 4 hours per week of Mandarin
- PSHE/citizenship/RS are delivered through civics (1 lesson per week in years 7 – 10)
- PSHE/citizenship/RS are delivered through several specific civics days across year 11
- Science provision in year 11 for those students undertaking triple science increases to 6 hours each week, providing 2 discrete hours for chemistry, physics and biology.
- Students that play a musical instrument receive personal tuition provided by the school’s peripatetic music tutors each week.
- At Key Stage 4, students study the following core subjects:
- English Language
- English Literature
- Double Science – Trilogy
- Spanish (only compulsory in RIV)
- GCSE PE
- At Key Stage 4, students have the following option choices:
- Spanish (ES only)
- Hospitality & Catering