Teaching Internships (3 weeks) – STEM Undergraduates
We are offering an exciting opportunity to embark on a paid summer internship programme. These internships provide you with the opportunity to get on-the-job experience as a teacher.
The programme for interns is 3 weeks long in the summer term and will be from 6th June – 24th June 2022.
To qualify, you must be an undergraduate studying a STEM-related degree and be interested in teaching secondary maths, physics or computing.
You’ll experience the teaching profession, develop new skills and be paid £300 per week.
The programme will offer a range of structured activities to gain a deep experience of teaching:
- a combination of teaching, running subject-related projects, offering intensive support for children who are struggling, helping with experiments and laboratory work
- structured training, shadowing and lesson observation followed by a chance to jointly plan and deliver lessons
- access to one-to-one mentors who are good or outstanding classroom teachers in their specialism
- opportunities to network with qualified subject specialists
You will also benefit from:
- continued contact with mentor post programme
- support to make an application for ITT
- guarantee of an interview for any ITT places that you apply to within our partnership
- keep in touch events after the programme is complete
- Current undergraduate in any year of study
- STEM undergraduates only looking to teach mathematics, physics or computing in England in the future
Overseas students studying in the UK can take part, but interns must be considering training to teach in England.
Geographical area for partner schools’ internship placements:
- Barking and Dagenham
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
All interns must have a DBS check. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You should note that an enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required prior to taking up this opportunity with the Trust.
Apply here now!