________________________ Extended Curriculum
The Extended Curriculum encompasses all activities that take place outside the normal school day.
The provision of these ‘Extended Curriculum’ opportunities is developed as a direct result of the school’s ethos:
• to present children with challenges that will equip them to become more resilient and realise their full potential
• to help children realise their own self-worth
• to develop self-esteem and independence
• to develop skills in particular areas
• to develop pupils’ interest in leisure time activities out of school
• to develop both fine and gross motor skills and co-ordination and balance
• to develop social, communication and behaviour skills
• to improve fitness levels and develop awareness of having a healthy lifestyle
As a fully inclusive school, we aim to encourage and include as many of our pupils as possible to take part in extended school activities.
Therefore we are currently reviewing our Extended Curriculum provision in order to give our pupils as many opportunities as possible to be part of a team, group or club where they can develop personally, socially and learn new skills.
This new “Extended Curriculum” is due to start in the Summer Term 2021.