Year 12 – Coronavirus Home Learning Resources
Year 12 Update 10/06/2020
We have invited Y12 students to attend small group sessions with teaching staff at scheduled times throughout the week starting from 15th June.
- Students should only attend school on days when lessons for their subjects are taking place.
- If they normally travel to another school for a subject, they should continue to engage in remote learning for that subject.
What do they need to bring?
- Students need to bring in their own packed lunch and snacks as the school kitchen and 6th form café will not be serving food.
- Students also need to bring in a large bottle of water which will last the entire day as the water fountains have been taken out of service.
- Students should bring in their pencil case with equipment.
- Students do not need to bring in any exercise or textbooks. They will be provided with new books which will stay in school to avoid cross-contamination.
How are we keeping students and staff safe?
Our usual cleaning team will be operating daily, focusing their cleaning on the limited areas of the school which will be in use
We have contracted two further staff to continue cleaning throughout the working day. They will focus on keeping key areas such as student desks and door handles clean
Increased Hand Washing
We have installed sanitiser gel at all key entrance points to the building
We have installed an outdoor hand washing area for students and will be enforcing compulsory hand washing before entering the school building
Each classroom is equipped with hand sanitiser gel and students will be required to clean their hands whenever entering or leaving a classroom
All class sizes have been significantly decreased
Classrooms have been re-arranged to ensure the distance between students when seated is at least 2m
All movement around the building will be supervised and students will be asked to maintain a 2m gap with others
All corridor and classroom doors are being left open to increase natural ventilation and to reduce the need to touch door handles
The hand dryers have been disabled and paper towels will instead be used for hand drying
The water fountains have been disabled and students will be expected to bring in a bottle with all the water they need for the school day
Students will not participate in practical activities such as PE which often require close contact and the sharing of equipment