PE and SPORT PREMIUM
The government is providing “A Sport Premium funding” to improve provision of physical education and sport to ensure all children achieve their potential.
Our vision at Riverside Primary school is for the children to develop a love of sport and physical activity. We track the achievement of every child on a regular basis and do all we can to make sure each child achieves their potential. We aim to enthuse and inspire children to fully participate in a broad range of sports activities, developing their skills, knowledge and understanding of the need to have a healthy physical lifestyle. We have a duty to ensure that no group of children are disadvantaged due to their gender, ethnic origin, family income or background.
Our objectives for the Sports Funding are:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE.
- Supporting and engaging pupils through organised activities during lunchtime and play times.
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport (including providing cover to release teachers).
- Providing places for pupils in after school and holiday sport clubs.
- Investing in new planning proforma and resources that support the new curriculum.
Examples of how we will spend this funding are as follows:
- Resources and storage for EYFS to improve physical development.
- Supply cover to release teachers for professional development.
- Training for mid-day assistants/LSA’s to help with the play leader scheme.
- Purchase of resources for PE and for playtime activities.
- Outdoor storage.
- Establish a house system to enable regular, inter-house sports competitions for all children.
- Introduce new sports run in conjunction with ‘Healthy Living Week’, establishing links with clubs and community associations.