Vision, Ethos and Values
Riverside Bridge is an inclusive school where every child is valued and supported to achieve as full and independent life as possible.
Inclusion is about entitlement, access and equality of opportunity. Every student has a right to expect a broad and balanced relevant education alongside his or her peer group and within their local community. We will be open to children from all religions and will practice tolerance of all faiths and beliefs in the multi-cultural community we serve.
Riverside Bridge aims to enable every student to realise his or her full potential and make a positive contribution to society by:
- valuing every student as an individual
- a commitment to inclusion, entitlement, access and equality of opportunity
- promoting an environment which is disciplined, caring and safe
- efficient management of resources
- co-operation between the school, the parents/carers and all other contributors to the education of our students
At Riverside Bridge we will:
- raise the level of pupil achievement by ensuring pupils are supported in achieving their best through the application of effective pedagogy and learning
- create a school and service ethos firmly based on mutual trust; respect and tolerance of difference; and caring and thoughtful attitudes
- prepare pupils for happy and fulfilled lives beyond school by providing for their individual learning, physical, social and emotional needs through differentiated pedagogies
- provide a broad, balanced, relevant curriculum within an inspiring, secure, positive and supportive environment and in the wider community
- provide staff with a clear expectation of outstanding teaching and agreed criteria for monitoring teaching and learning
- promote a calm working environment which facilitates the development of a positive work ethic and social skills
- value all pupils, irrespective of ability, race, gender, age or achievement
- encourage pupils’ self-esteem by recognizing, praising and rewarding positive achievements.
We want our learners to feel good about themselves and to aspire to achieve their own individual goals and targets.
We want them to feel safe and secure and valued within their community.
Head of School